Property Tax Information
Property Tax Bills and receipts are available online from the Columbia County website: www.co.columbia.wi.us.
- Click on the Property & Taxes icon, then click on the Ascent Land Records icon.
- Change the Municipality to 11040 – Town of West Point.
- You can search by parcel number, last name, street name, etc. “Less is more” when it comes to searching. For instance, search for JUST your last name OR JUST your street name, but NOT both.
- On the next screen, select the Taxes option from the drop down box under your property description.
- Click on the year link by Print tax bills for your bill or the year link under Tax Year for your receipt.
For payment or information on delinquent property taxes please contact the Columbia County Treasurer at (608) 742-9613.
2/2/2019 – US Postal Service Delays
Under Wisconsin State Law 74.69(2), if payments are not timely due solely to a US Postal Service delay or administrative error, the payments must be considered timely.
Any person required to pay interest or penalty due to a late payment can file a written request with the County Treasurer (74.69(3) Wis Stats.)
Written request must:
- Be filed within 10 days of the interest or penalty payment, but no later than Dec 1, 2019.
- Ask the County Board to determine the payment is timely since the sole reason the payment was late was due to a US Postal Service delay or administrative error.
County Board Must:
- Act on the request within 30 days of receipt by the County Treasurer.
- Find payment timely if the payment was late soley due to a US Postal Service delay or administrative error.
- If the payment is deemed timely – County Board will direct the County Treasurer to reimburse the taxpayer the interest or penalty payment within 10 days.
Property Tax Resource Links
- Guide for Property Owners
- Property Assessment Appeal Guide for Wisconsin Real Property Owners
- Agricultural Assessment Guide for Wisconsin Property Owners - Updated for the new Chapter Tax 18 Conservation Programs
- Property Tax Guide for Wisconsin Manufactured and Mobile Home Owner
- Property Tax Lottery Credit for Home Owners